In keeping with our ethos of care for health and the environment, all catering at Buckland Hall follows a lacto-vegetarian cuisine. We use milk and dairy items, but no other animal products. We try to ensure that produce is local, fresh and, often, organic. Our chefs will be happy to discuss your requirements and to devise a specific menu and schedule for your stay.
Vegan and gluten-free alternatives can be available for every meal. However, we must be notified of these or other dietary requirements before your event. Some special diets may involve a surcharge.
The following is a typical menu for a residential day at Buckland Hall as part of our Retreat Service.
- Fruit juices
- Choice of cereals
- Fresh fruit, yoghurt, nuts & seeds
- Toast with jam and marmalade
- A selection of herbals, teas and coffee
- Beanpot fajitas served on savoury cous cous with steamed & roasted vegetables
- Apple & blackberry pie
- Tuscan white bean soup
- Vegetable koftas in creamy pistachio sauce served on coconut & green beans with warm pasta salad
- Homemade Paris lemon tart
A selection of herbals, teas & coffee along with whole fruit and biscuits are available in the library at all times day & night. All water within the building is provided from our own spring well and tastes much better than anything you'll ever buy in a bottle.