In keeping with our ethos of care for health and the environment, all catering at Buckland Hall follows a lacto-vegetarian cuisine. We use milk and dairy items, but no other animal products. We try to ensure that produce is local, fresh and, often, organic. Our chefs will be happy to discuss your requirements and to devise a specific menu and schedule for your stay.
Vegan and gluten-free alternatives can be available for every meal. However, we must be notified of these or other dietary requirements before your event. Some special diets may involve a surcharge.
The following is a typical menu for a residential conference day at Buckland Hall as part of our Corporate Service. We are able to handle special diets, but, sometimes, these may entail a surcharge.
- Fresh fruit juices
- Choice of cereals and porridge
- Hash browns, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, vegetarian sausages.
- Fresh fruit, yoghurt and nuts
- Toast with jam and marmalade
- A selection of herbals, teas and coffee
- Vegetable Bouillabaisse with coriander pesto
- Warm pasta salad with walnuts
- Sauted potatoes & seasonal vegetables
- Apple & blackberry pie
- South Indian savoury lentil soup
- Aubergine parmigiana
- Baked stuffed avocados
- Mediterranean salad
- Mango mousse with honeyed pecans
A selection of herbals, teas & coffee along with whole fruit and biscuits are available in the library at all times day & night. All water within the building is provided from our own spring well and tastes much better than anything you’ll ever buy in a bottle.